mercredi 26 décembre 2012

First stop: Bali!


Since I haven’t been on a “proper” holiday for years, I decided to treat myself to a three-week holiday in Bali on my way to Australia. Up until now, most of my trips have been work-related, so I wanted to take a breather and enjoy some time out for once :)

Why Bali?

Well it turns out that one of my best friends, Dorothée, is currently on a world tour (check out her travel blog – link to your right!). So far she’s been to India, Nepal and Cambodia. She had planned to be travelling in Indonesia around this time of year so we thought it would be amazing to spend New Year’s Eve together someplace exciting – Bali was the obvious choice!
A few words on Dorothée since you’ll probably be seeing quite a lot of her on this blog - I haven’t known her for that long (we used to work together at Advent Group and we basically resigned at the same time...), but it was long enough for her to make an impact on my life like very few have.  She came to live with me for four months before she started her world tour, and this period of time made me figure out a lot of things. She has been through so much, and I really look up to her – she is strong, determined and positive no matter what. I can definitely say that she played a big role in my decision to leave and I will always be thankful for all her advice and wise words.

Doro and I in Tel Aviv, Israel - April 2012

On top of that, I’ve always wanted to visit Bali…I know this may sound ridiculous, but I think my obsession with this island started when I was watching a Spice Girls' documentary – I was probably like 12 or something - and they happened to be filming there… Sof' I guess you'll probably be the only one to get this ;) I also chose the destination for an essay I had to write for my Masters Tourism Policy and Planning module. And no surprise there, but I guess the “Eat, Pray, Love” book also influenced our decision quite a lot…
I just hope I won’t be disappointed!!! Will tell you more when I get there ;)




Love,

Laura xxx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire