mercredi 26 décembre 2012

Welcome!


Since I’m about to jet off to the other side of the world, I figured the best way to keep all of you updated on my life would be to create this blog. I will try my best to post news and photos on here regularly, I promise.

When I was a little girl, I wanted my life to be a big adventure. I remember looking at the postcards my Dad would send me from his business trips all over the world and wanting to explore those countries, discover those cities, and embrace those cultures. I never really expressed this to my family or friends at the time, but it was burning within me all along. It took me quite a while to build up the courage to leave home and travel, but one month in Namibia in 2005 changed everything...I guess that's when my godmother's gipsy genes kicked in ;) I have been living my dream for a few years now....And I am happy, really happy. I cherish every moment, every memory, every experience, good or bad. I am so, so thankful to all the great people I've met along the way (you know who you are)...You have inspired me in many ways, and helped shape the person I am today...I would never have come this far without you all. Thank you for having made me smile, cry, laugh, love, hate, and more importantly find myself throughout the past few years. I now look forward to all the amazing people I have yet to meet. I just can’t explain the feeling it brings me to land in an unknown city and think to myself “this is the place I’m going to live for the next few weeks/months”. It's not always been easy. I’ve experienced many ups and downs, challenges, disappointments…But even the bad days taught me many precious a lesson. If my life were to end tomorrow, I could, at least, say that I lived it the way I wanted, no regrets. And in the end, that's the most important thing.  

So I’ve chosen Australia as the setting for the next chapter of my life.
Who knows what awaits me over there… I'll just do my best, give it my all and see what happens. I did it before in Valencia and that turned out pretty awesome, so I'm confident this will be another great experience...
It was a big risk to turn the page on my life in Paris, but deep down I know it’s the right decision, even though it’s always so hard to say goodbye…

“Take a risk, take a chance, make a change!”
I hope this blog will inspire some people to do so too.

Love,

Laura xxx

PS: Check out the links at the top right of the page for two extra articles ;)




1 commentaire: