vendredi 25 janvier 2013

10 days down under!

Can’t believe I've been in Sydney for a little over a week – it feels like it’s been several months already…

The move went really well – I’m living with a professional chef, a personal fitness trainer and a computer science wizz (who promised he would fix my netbook, what a sweetheart :))! I am loving the flat and the area – not at all dodgy, I'm actually surprised at how calm it is around here!! Here are a few pics:




My swimming pool :)



 

Doro c'est ton lit pour quand tu viendras ;)
I’m confident the job situation is going to work out pretty soon… I've been walking all over the CBD (Central Business District) introducing myself to the various recruitment agencies and handing them my CV in person (as well as sending the regular application emails). Seems to have paid off so far - a guy from Quay Appointments recruitment agency called me on Monday, I followed up on Wednesday and landed an interview the next day – he said he liked my CV a lot, and congratulated me on my “persistence and determination” (haha!) He promised he would put my CV forward as soon as a position comes up. He told me things were pretty slow at the moment but that it should pick up after Australia Day (January 26th) when people get back into “work mode”. He offered me a flyer distribution job in the meantime and told me he would forward my contact details to one of his personal friends, just in case she has something for me. Another recruitment agency (Cox Purtell) also contacted me today by email regarding temp work, so I should hopefully be getting a call next week! Annnd I have a group interview on Tuesday for a part-time customer support job in the company my friend Greg works for…Fingers crossed! Can't wait to start making lots of money for my roadtrip this summer!

I'm loving Sydney more and more each day…

A few highlights so far:

- The buskers at Pitt Street Mall
Joe Moore is my favourite, check him out (just found out he'd been on Australia's Got Talent)



- Circular Quay (Opera House and Harbour Bridge, the ferries…)
- The stunning Botanical Gardens
- Hyde Park and St James 
- The Rocks
- Darling Harbour
- Broadway, Uni Campus and Victoria Park (a 10-minute walk from my place, with a lovely swimming pool where I just spent the afternoon...please don't hate me :))

- Banana Bread and Gloria Jeans’ coffee…yum!

- Priceline (Australian version of Boots ;) I am trying VERY hard not to spend all my money in there!!!)

I’m hoping to go to Bondi Beach after my interview on Tuesday, as well as Manly and Surry Hills next week. My flatmates also suggested we go to the Blue Mountains all together relatively soon, so that should be fun (approx. a 2-hour drive from Sydney). Also looking forward to Australia Day - there seems to be so much going on!!! 

http://www.australiaday.org.au/

Just wanted to end this post by thanking you for all your sweet messages concerning this blog :) I’m really glad you like it! Please feel free to leave comments or ask questions on here :)

Miss you lots!

Love,

Laura xxx

1 commentaire: